If you have a legal dispute with another person or with a corporation, you may need to hire counsel in order to get it resolved. Some claims can be settled entirely outside of court, which can save you time and money in court costs. Other disputes require the court’s assistance. I have handled all sorts civil litigation claims including:
- Insurance company disputes (breach of contract, denied claims, and breach of fiduciary duty)
- Construction law (claims against contractors and breach of contract)
- New and used car sales (unfair and deceptive trade practices, breach of contract, and fraud)
- Identity theft (use of personal information to gain credit, fraud, and social security number theft)
- Real estate transactions (bad or fraudulent title and breach of contract)
- Landlord/tenant disputes (breach of lease agreement, property damage, and money owed)
- Car and vehicle repair (property damage)
- Unfair methods of business competition (antitrust violations and unfair and deceptive trade practices)
- Failure to pay debt and worthless checks
- Contract litigation (more information here)
- Personal injury
- Property damage
- Government negligence (claims against the State of North Carolina in the Industrial Commission)
About Unfair Acts and Trade Practices. North Carolina allows you to recover three times the amount of your damages. A successful case may also allow you to collect your attorneys’ fees in addition to damages. In the case of a some contract disputes, you may also be able to recover attorney’s fees.
About Injury and Property Damage Claims. In claims of personal injury or property damage, it is important not to wait. If you procrastinate, your claim you will be more difficult to prove. Witnesses may disappear, evidence will be hard to gather, and the applicable statute of limitations may pass and your claim will be barred. If you believe you have been injured or suffered property damage as a result of someone’s negligence, it is important to gather all the evidence you can. Take pictures, write down names and addresses of witnesses, and keep track of your expenses that accumulate. Keep a written record of everything you can. If you have been harmed by someone’s negligence, you should consult with a lawyer as soon as possible. In North Carolina, you can recover damages if someone has been negligent. However, North Carolina is a contributory negligence jurisdiction, and if the other party can establish any negligence on your part in the accident, then you cannot recover. Insurance companies will often use contributory negligence to attempt to avoid paying you.
About Identity Theft. Clearing your name after someone steal’s your identifying information can be an agonizing process. If you meet resistance from credit companies in trying to repair your credit and clear your name, it may be time to hire a legal professional. Let us give you the practical advice and guidance you need to navigate the system. If a credit company is harassing you on a debt as a result of identity theft, you may be entitled to damages. With my debt collection experience, I know the system, and I will be dedicated to making sure your name is cleared and you receive the compensation you deserve.
When dealing with civil litigation claims, I perform a full evaluation, and seek to get you the maximum amount possible. Each case requires a consultation in order to assess a fair fee arrangement and develop a case plan to get you the results you deserve. If you feel that you have been taken advantage of, do not sit on your rights. Schedule a consultation.